Desktop computers are larger than laptops, and immovable. Of course, the upside is that they're generally much more powerful, and can be attached to one or more monitors that are also potentially much larger than laptop screens. Perhaps most importantly, desktops are the easiest to work with. Access panels make working with components much simpler - and simpler means less expensive, at least when it comes to repair and upgrade costs! A desktop computer call will generally be significantly more inexpensive compared to a laptop call.
Easier upgrades also means that it's possible to keep a desktop computer functional and competitive for many more years than a laptop might last. When compared to buying a brand new machine, why not consider the cost-effective alternative of upgrading to improve performance?
Also available to those looking for a custom, targeted and less expensive alternative to the computer system options is a from-the-ground-up-built machine. Alphabyte can offer high-end systems for much less than a manufacturer's price. The higher the quality, the bigger the price savings, as a rule of thumb.
Interested in seeing what your dream machine would cost? Drop a line, either by phone or e-mail, and receive a prompt, accurate estimate!
- Clean - over time, a computer gets slowed down by programs or simple age. A simple tune-up is often all that's needed to restore quite a bit of functionality. A computer clean is a fixed-cost process that can be done in-house, with no need to remove the machine in virtually all cases.
- Disinfect - viruses, mal-ware, spy-ware, the list of assaults that you as a computer user has to deal with are seemingly endless. They come in all grades too - from simplistic attacks that can be repaired in minutes to much more sophisticated programs that will disable your anti-virus and prevent you from visiting any website that might help you cure your problems. A computer disinfection is invoiced per hour, with an up-front estimate available. Some extreme cases require that the machine be brought to a workbench, but often the repair can happen in-house.
- Repair (Hardware) - sometimes, things break. That's pretty much been true ever since machinery became a fact of everyday life, and computers are no exception. Inside computers are many different parts, and any one of them can fail. When that happens, don't write off the whole machine as foregone! Replacing the one failed part, whether it be hard drive, video card, network controller, system memory or any thing else will nearly always be much less expensive than buying another computer outright. Alphabyte offers up-front estimates for component repair, as well as expedited turn-around time if necessary.
- Repair (Software) - Windows, Excel, Word, QuickBooks - these are just four out of literally thousands of software programs available. From games to productivity to education, there's seemingly no limit to the options. Unfortunately, sometimes things don't go quite right, and a program that's functioned perfectly well will cease to do so. Rather than giving up, let Alphabyte take a look. It could be a quick fix to get everything back up and running! As always, estimates are available, and for most non-core software programs, in-house repair is a viable option.
- Backup - whether you're choosing to send off a machine for manufacturer repair, looking at migrating data to a new machine or just want peace of mind, Alphabyte can back up your data. Either specify which files you want archived (for example: "pictures and video", or "all Microsoft Excel files"), or let us archive an entire hard drive. Archival media can be DVD or CD set, portable USB or SD, removable hard drive, or physical hard drive. Backup is a fixed-cost service, but usually requires a workbench hook up.
- Upgrade - who needs a new computer? Not you, if having a bit more system memory is all it will take to boost performance. Alphabyte offers free system evaluations, and can tell you up front what kind of a performance increase you can expect. Some upgrades, such as memory and video cards, can be performed in-house while others require workbench tools. Estimates are available, of course!
- Training - whether you're new to the computing scene in general, or just need a little help wrapping your mind around a new piece of hardware or software, Alphabyte offers on-site training at a fixed hourly cost. It doesn't matter what you want to learn - just ask!